Sunday, October 12, 2008

Who was that?

So I'm at work and I'm about to make myself some tea... walking towards the water machine when I notice this gigantic moth landing on my arm.  I mean big this guy was fuzzy, cream colored and old looking.  I wasn't scared, I like moths... I hate mosquitos ( i'll save that for another rant, though I should go off on that tangent NOW since I have a mosquito bite on my face!! ), hate ticks ( oooh do i hate ticks ) and nowadays...I'm really beginning to HATE ants.  Moths however, don't bother me at all.  In fact I let him chill on my arm for about 15 minutes, or until I noticed that everytime I moved my arm my jacket was kinda smooshing him.  Trippy thing was that he was looking up at me so intently and his big ass face was just starting up at me.
Photobucket
(please notice the beautiful blue and yellow paint on the ground... i did that shit... bleh) again with the digressingssss.  Well it was at this moment that I remembered a Filipino superstition.  When a moth comes near you ( and this one was really near me) that is believed to be a loved one that has left us, coming by to see you or say goodbye to you.  I suddenly realized how much this guy looked like my dad.  NOOOOO!   I call my house, he's fine.  Whew!  I call my spouse just in case cause he's driving home from Carmel.... he's fine too.  hmm, if this isn't a loved one saying goodbye why is he sitting on my arm staring up at my face?
Photobucket
Well I let him rest on my tool box cause I've got to get back to work but I wonder, does this little visit speak of my love for animals and little thingys like him?  Like Snow White but less charming so instead of a pretty butterfly I get this old man of a moth?  
Photobucket
I left him sitting on my box, I was petting him and stuff but even I began to feel like that may be a little weird... besides with my fingers and hands being so tough now I couldn't even feel him under my fingertips so I stopped so I don't crush him.  I imagine he'll be dead on my box tomorrow unless one of my coworkers see him and smoosh him.  A couple weeks ago I had a big ol'dragonfly.  Dead of course but he was an interesting thing to look at.  I couldn't bring myself to touch him, I had to hold him with gloves on.  He was really cool to look at though, seriously, when do you ever get to look at those guys?  Okay I get it, I'm sounding a bit morbid but eventually the wind blew him off my toolbox.  While i'm talkin about bugs.... a fucking mosquito bit my cheek this week.  I still have the bite right now!  Fucker.. I was driving around the yard parking a bus when I noticed something fly off my face.  MUTHA fucka that better have been a moth, i wouldn't mind that so much, though it would be gross... please don't let it be a mosquito.  Really though let me check online, i'm sure they have no purpose.  eh.. they have a slight purpose.  Their eggs feed fish and frogs eat mosquitos.  ooooooh so why is he biting my face?  Anyway.  It's 1am on Saturday and i'm feverish.  So I'm blogging about bugs.   So?

PS....  I'm in charge of turning on the bug zapper at work everynight at 6pm.  It's a task i'm proud to take on.  

No comments: