Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tic Tac sir?

I have an idea I'd like to try and implement but don't really know how.

I had a dentist appt. today, my regular cleaning I get every six months. Perfect teeth, no cavities, healthy gums, no problems.

Just like every time, this time was no different, the dental assistant hands me a little bag with a new toothbrush, floss and toothpaste. The thought occurred to me as I noticed the little plastic bag they were all package in. Instead of the usual whitish plastic bag, they had a cute pink plastic bag with a breast cancer awareness ribbon printed on it. Like a "gift bag".

It makes sense that our dentists would give us this little gift bag since we are supposed to change our toothbrush every 6 months. This is my thought. Many of us have an Oral B or Sonicare mechanical toothbrush, or even the Crest SpinBrush.

How wonderful would it be if everyone that received this little bag of goodies gave it to a homeless person. They don't have insurance, they probably don't have a toothbrush. How fortunate are we to be able to afford our own toothbrush... this freebie is a perfect opportunity to give to the less fortunate. If you don't have an electric rechargeable toothbrush, you probably at least like to pick your own particular style and grip. Making this freebie clutter.... It doesn't have to be.

Whenever I see free dog food or whatever at a store... I always grab as many as a i can so I can give it to the homeless people with dogs. I mean jeez if the human is hungry... how much food to you think the poor dog is getting?

I'm sure everyone gives when they can, but I wish every little gift bag the dentist gives away to us can somehow make it to a less fortunate person. Seriously, I usually just stuff it in a drawer to use once on vacation then throw it away. How sad, someone could get better use out of it.

1 comment:

SFLV said...

what a generous and thoughtful donation! =) i dunno if i ever told u about the bums here in LV, but they're so high on crack that they'd probably juse use it to help pick at their scabs!